Ange Postecoglou refuses to be drawn on Mooy and Ryan but does reaffirm global Celtic transfer strategy

By John McGinley

July 2, 2021

Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou wouldn’t be drawn on links to Australian internationals Aaron Mooy and Mat Ryan in a recent media conference, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.

Celtic have been heavily linked with both players over the last couple of weeks.

Australian outlets got the chance to ask questions to the new manager recently and, naturally, they asked about Mooy and Ryan.

However, Postecoglou batted away the questions and would simply reaffirm the recent commitment made to scour the globe for talents in the transfer market, The Sydney Morning Herald says.

The new Celtic manager said last week he would be happy to utilise South American and Asian markets over the coming weeks and months to bolster his Celtic squad.

"Carl Starfelt to Celtic is a big possibility" | Swedish journalist Anel Avdić

He isn’t interested in the nationality of his signings, but what they can bring to his brand of exciting, attacking football.

Mooy current plies his trade in the Chinese Super League with Shanghai SIPG. Ryan meanwhile is closer to home at Brighton & Hove Albion, who Celtic did business with last summer.

No major bits of business have yet been completed. The only arrivals at Celtic have been young players Liam Shaw, Osaze Urhoghide and Joey Dawson.

With qualifiers just a couple of weeks away, it’s something the club really need to be pressing on with.

In other news, Celtic take another new and positive media engagement step.


Comments