Celtic travel to Denmark on Thursday night to take on FC Copenhagen in the Europa League.
Neil Lennon’s side are aiming to get into the last 16 of the competition for the first time.
The Scottish champions topped their group after impressive performances home and away.
However, some Celtic fans are looking back on former goals at Parkhead to get themselves in the spirit.
Parkhead Champions League goals key to iconic success
The Hoops’ base in Glasgow’s east end was a fortress for several years in European matches.
Many big goals and wins were seen at the old and new Celtic Park after its rebuild.
However, it took the modern stadium a bit of time before it seen proper success against the continent’s best.
Nevertheless, the atmosphere it creates due to the massive results has put Celtic in or around the top of the table when it comes to iconic clubs and stadiums.
Who can forget Chris Sutton’s volley against Juventus or Tony Watt’s winner against Barcelona?
What about all those Henrik Larsson goals that led Martin O’Neill’s side to the UEFA Cup final in 2003?
Everyone will remember getting to the last 16 of the Champions League three times and qualifying from the Europa League on multiple occasions.
The current season is the Hoops’ 55th in Europe, but just what was the fans’ favourite goal at both ends at Celtic Park?
Some Celtic fans react to European goals on Twitter
A post by @SwedleyPops on Twitter has got fans talking about their favourite moment at either end.
For the purposes of the question, number one is the Jock Stein stand and number two is the Lisbon Lions end.
1) Has to be the Naka free kick. Was absolutely incredible to see live.
2) Larsson V Liverpool. He had just come back from his jaw break. What a moment and an early goal.
— Longshaw (@youhavingalaugh) February 17, 2020
1) Johnny Doyle v Real Madrid 1980 ( the only time they have ever played ay Celtic Park).
2) Sutton v Barca ( 2005 i think) to make it 1-1… just the sheer excitement of it.
— Broken Bell (@gerrard15) February 17, 2020
1. McGregor v Zenit
2. McDonald v Man Utd
— ⚒Brendan 8IAR Quinn🍀☘🍊 (@quinzo82) February 17, 2020
Purposely avoiding what u picked so;
1) Scott McDonald v Milan. Only a tap in but it was very late and they were the holders at the time, place went bonkers!
2)Massimo Donati v Shakthar Donetsk.Almost the same reason as above, we were awful that night and was a very late winner
— Steven Daley (@DaleySteven) February 17, 2020
Great goals. Hard to argue against them but here’s 2.
1. James Forrest v Karagandy. It meant so much and the fact that it was so late in the game made it even sweeter.
2. Johnny Doyle v Real Madrid. Legend.
— the lurgan tiger (@neil1856) February 18, 2020
Larsson v Valencia into LL end
Donati v Donetsk into JS end
— Colm (@AtownColm) February 17, 2020