Celtic-linked defender Michal Karbownik won’t be moving to the Hoops or to the Scottish Premiership, according to his agent, The Daily Record report.
The outlet had previously reported on Sunday that Celtic were keen on the left-back having had him scouted twice in the Polish top-flight this season.
It was said that other clubs such as Real Betis and Dinamo Moscow were also interested in the 19-year-old’s services.
His agent, however, has poured cold water on the idea, suggesting he’ll be moving to a bigger league than the Scottish top-flight.
As quoted by The Daily Record, Mariusz Piekarski said: “Celtic? I don’t really think that is an option for Michal. Yes, there is interest there, but he also has many, many big clubs looking at him too.
“I don’t want to talk about interest from Barcelona because there is nothing concrete, but there have been from other clubs. There are some top teams who have watched him.
“We have had big clubs telling us that they would guarantee he would play around 70 per cent of games in his first season and then be first choice after that.
“Because football is frozen at the moment, so are transfers. But once we get back up playing again, his future will be sorted out and he will get a good move. He will go to a big club in a big league.”
Clearly transfers are quite low down the list of priorities at Celtic at the moment. The club is likely entirely focused on the ongoing problems engulfing Scottish football and wider society.
The left-back position doesn’t appear to be a huge priority right now either unless Boli Bolingoli is no longer required next season.
With Greg Taylor installed as a first-choice pick and Lennon regularly opting to play a 3-5-2, will we really need another left-back when the transfer window opens?
Ultimately it does not seem to matter with regards to Karbownik, who clearly has his eyes fixed on making a switch from Legia Warsaw to a top-five league.